There are some rules of etiquette that we expect you to follow when using the listserv:
- When sending a message to the listserv, please make sure to add the listserv address firstname.lastname@example.org in the “BCC” line. Add your own email in the “TO” line. This will prevent automatic email replies from being sent to the entire list.
- Please be respectful, and do not "inflame," challenge or attack others. Inflaming includes the making of derogatory comments, ridicule, excessive sarcasm and innuendo.
- Use discretion when discussing items. Please remember that information posted on the listserv is available for all to see, and comments could expose you to claims of libel, slander, or other legal action. Once something is posted to the listserv, the City of New Haven has no control over whether members of the listserv forward or share the posting with others who are not members of the listserv.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials or language are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the general public to see, or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not share confidential information. Posting of any confidential or identifying information is strictly prohibited.
- Do not distribute any SPAM, solicitation, jokes, chain letters, petitions for signatures or letters relating to pyramid schemes, missing persons or once-in-a-lifetime deals.
- Do not use this listserv to invite the entire list to join your social media network (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Do not use this listserv to serve political purposes, including but not limited to: interfering with or affecting the result of an election or nomination for office; directly or indirectly coercing, or commanding other listserv members to contribute, lend or pay anything for value to an organization, party, committee or entity for political purposes.
- Do not utilize this listserv to disparage or denigrate any religious, ethnic, gender or otherwise protected class. Do not make disparaging comments of any nature while utilizing this listserv.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that is relevant for everyone.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the list", through the listserv. To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to NHReentry@newhavenct.gov
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
Disclaimer and Legal Rules
This listserv is provided as a service of the City of New Haven. The City of New Haven accepts no liability for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. The City of New Haven disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the City of New Haven or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the City of New Haven be liable for any damages whatsoever, including without limitation any special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising or resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this listserv. No provider or user of this listserv shall be treated as a publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information provider or user.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, politically motivated or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the City of New Haven and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
By using this listserv provided by the City of New Haven, subscribers agree to indemnify defend and hold harmless the City of New Haven, its committees and sections, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and agents from and against all losses, claims, demands, causes of action, liabilities, expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs arising from any claims arising out of or resulting from any breach of these guidelines by the user or any omission or act taken by the user.
The City of New Haven does not actively monitor the listserv for inappropriate postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the City of New Haven’s attention (by city staff or otherwise), the City of New Haven reserves the right to take all appropriate action in response. The City of New Haven reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any information provided within this listserv is being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; it does not constitute an endorsement or approval by the City of New Haven of any of the products, services, or opinions of any corporation, organization or individual. The City of New Haven bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the information, external site or for that of subsequent links to sites. Contact the individual who sent the information or the external site listed for answers to questions regarding its content.